Smith & Bresson Club

Smith & Bresson Club
Smith & Bresson Club - I was inspired to create the Smith & Bresson Club for photography by the Pope and Young Club, which is for bowhunters. There are certain requirements, which a bow kill needs to satisfy in order to qualify for acceptance in the Pope and Young Club. The criteria to be accepted in the Smith & Bresson club will be based on my own subjective view of my work, which I will score. In short, those photographs that are part of this club will be my best work and those pieces, which would be part of an exhibition. Any photos that meet this criteria, will be marked by a small skull icon. To view the documentary THE BLUE WHITETAIL, go to the following website; http//:filmfreeway.com/873363 or click on the Smith & Bresson logo above.

April 27, 2014

Gio's Arrow

'Gio's Arrow' - 2013                                                                                          snake

HOMAGE TO GIANNI MANGANELLI.  A couple of years ago, Gianni Manganelli (Gio) asked me to show him how to shoot a bow and arrow and to teach him to bow hunt.  I affirmed to him that I would but the years went by, he was busy with college studies, I had been entrenched with my own hectic work schedule and we unfortunately never came together for me to transfer my bowhunting knowledge to him.

Tragically, Gio died in March 2014 at the age of 23.  This picture is dedicated to him with the the symbolic arrow aimed heaven-ward.  I promise, in Gio's honor, to be deligent in teaching anyone who asks me how to hunt with a bow and arrow and not to lazily use any excuse to not uphold my vow.  I will adhere to my coined phrase, 'the essence of life is bowhunting'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment